Auna PS-7801 Wireless Speaker System
The idea behind the Auna PS-7801s is a sound one – plug the transmitter into your hi-fi, MP3 player or PC, then use the speakers wirelessly up to 100 metres away. Admittedly at that range you’ll be in a bit of a fix if you want to change tracks, but whatever, we’ll go with it. With down-firing subwoofers, integrated handles and some very PC gamer blue LED lighting, the Auna PS-7801s could be a big hit if they live up to their promise of power and portability. Let’s have a closer look and find out.
- 500W PMPO output
- Switchable blue LED light effect
- Easy transport with carry handles
- Three transmission channels for interference free transmission
- Transmission range up to 100 metres under ideal conditions
- Supplied with cable tie (!) and remote control
- Transmitter input: 1x stereo RCA (with RCA to 3.5mm stereo cable)
- Signal to noise ratio: 65db
- THD: < 1%
- Channel seperation: 50db
- Transmitter power: 12V, 200 mA power adapter
- Speaker power: 9V, 1.2 A power adapter or 6 D batteries (for each speaker)
As we can see, the speakers come in a rather plain looking box, with very little information about the product included. There is a nice ‘Achtung!’ warning, though.
Each component is very well packed. Once we’ve gotten everything out of the box, we have two speakers, the transmitter box, three power adapters (one each for the three components listed earlier) and a remote, with batteries included. There’s also an RCA to 3.5mm stereo cable for use with the transmitter, and a manual in English and German. Finally, as these are a European product an EU to UK converter is included… but only one, and we need three. Hopefully this is a rare oversight, but it did delay testing of the speakers for a few days.