So we’re back doing PSU reviews. I couldn’t leave it for more than a week before I had another play with our shiny new oscilloscope could I? Today it’s the turn of the Thermaltake TR2 700w, a non modular, single 12v rail unit.
The TR2 range is a mainstream lineup of PSUs, with the RX ones having modular cabling added to the mix. This unit comes with plenty of protective systems in place and 80+ bronze certification which means it’s part of the slightly more exclusive TR2 bronze range, made up of 600, 700 and 800w units; so I’m looking at the middle child today. Let’s see if it’s any good.
- ATX 12V V2.3 enables most reliable and robust power delivery.
- Stable700W continuous output (peak power 800W) @ 40 ℃operating environment.
- Robust and dedicated single +12V output provides superior performance under all types of system loading.
- 80 PLUS® Bronze Certified: with 82-88% efficiency @ 20-100% load under real world load conditions.
- Double-forward switching circuitry offers low power loss and high reliability.
- Universal AC input 100V~240V automatically scans and detects the correct voltage.
- High quality 105 ℃ Japanese main capacitor provide uncompromised performance and reliability.
- 99% Active Power Factor Correction provides clean and reliable power to your system.
- Ultra-silent operation with intelligent 12cm cooling fan speed control.
- Intel® & AMD CPU compliant.
- Nvidia® & ATI/AMD graphic card compatible.
- Dimension: 150mm(W)x86mm(H)x140mm(L).
- High reliability: MTBF>100,000 hours.
- Built in industrial-grade protections: Over Current, Over Voltage, Over Power, Under Voltage and Short-Circuit protections.
- Safety / EMI : UL/ CUL, VDE, CE, FCC, CB, GOST and BSMI certified.
- Wattage: 700 Watts
- Fan: 120 mm, 2700 RPM ± 10%
- Efficiency: 86% +
- PFC: Active PFC
- Hold-Up Time: 30ms
- Switches: ATX Logic on-off additional power rocker switch
- Motherboard Connectors: 24-pin Main Connector, 8-pin Power Connector, 4-pin Power Connector
- Power Good Signal: 100-500 ms
- Form Factor: ATX 12V 2.3 & EPS 12V 2.91
- Dimension: 5.5 x 5.9 x 3.3 inch (L)x(W)x(H), 140 x 150 x 86 mm (L)x(W)x(H)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Input Voltage: 100 VAC~240 VAC
- Input Current: 100 VAC / 11A max, 240 VAC / 5A max
- Input Frequency Range: 50 ~ 60 Hz
- MTBF: >100,000 hour
- RFI / EMI: UL/ CUL, VDE, CE, FCC, CB, GOST and BSMI certified
- Operating Temperature: 10 ℃ to 40 ℃
- Storage Temperature: -40 ℃ to 80 ℃
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Storage Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Over Voltage Protection: Yes
- Over Current Protection: Yes
- Over Load Protection: Yes
- Over Termperature Protection: Yes
- Under Voltage Protection: Yes
- Short Circuit Protection: Yes