The Corsair Vengeance K60 is another strong addition to Corsair’s peripherals line, offering the same high quality Cherry MX Red mechanical switches and excellent looks of the more expensive K90, but without macro keys or backlighting. Many gamers won’t use these features even if they had them, so the K60 should appeal on those grounds. The addition of the WASD wrist rest is a nice one, as well as the red keycaps which do provide a bit more extra grip. There are some flaws though, as the keyboard suffers from the same use of rubber domes on some keys and there’s no choice of different coloured switches which would appeal to a wider range of gamers. The K60 offers good value for money even with these small flaws, and should be considered a strong contender if you’re looking for a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Red switches.
- Better value mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Red switches
- Excellent looks thanks to aluminium chassis and optional red WASD and 1-6 keycaps
- Well placed media keys
- Rugged construction, ideal for frequent LAN use
- Not all keys use mechanical switches
- Only Cherry MX Red switches are available, which aren’t ideal for all gamers