Released in 2006, 3Dmark06 has been a staple for 3D benchmarking since it’s release, and it’s still quite capable of bringing an unprepared system to it’s knees if given half the chance. It features:
- HDR rendering.
- Complex HDR Video post-processing.
- Dynamic soft shadows for all objects.
- Water shader with HDR refraction, HDR reflection, depth fog and Gerstner wave functions.
- Heterogeneous fog.
- Atmospheric light scattering.
- Realistic sky model with cloud blending.
- Strauss lighting model for most materials.
- Subsurface scattering shader for some objects (not visible in the shot).
- Texture & normal map sizes: 1024 x 1024 to 2048 x 2048.
- Approximately 5.4 million triangles and 8.8 million vertices.
NB. List taken from Wikipedia
All settings were left at default and only the “free version” tests were run.
These results are a slight let down with it scoring much lower than the 9500GT.