The Gigabyte P27K is a capable media and gaming machine – but the slimmer P35K is only about £100 more. The P27K solves the biggest issues of the P35K – noise, thermals and inputs – but adds a big potential downside with the increased size and weight. If you’ve got your heart set on a powerful desktop replacement and you won’t be moving it often, then the P27 is a good choice. For pretty much anyone else, I’d recommend the more portable P35K Ultrablade.
- Strong gaming and media performance
- Comfortable keyboard and solid touchpad
- Runs quietly and with little heat
- Massive and heavy, limiting portability
- Slightly worse gaming performance than P35K