Thermaltake Smart M650w
The Power supply is a component that has become increasingly important in recent years as the wattage requirements for parts ramp up and customers become more aware of their system’s impact on the environment – and their wallet.
Because of this many companies have begun producing PSUs, leading to a pretty convuluted marketplace, making it hard to decide which one to go for. While XSR doesn’t have the budget for a full power supply test run, we can do a couple of quick checks which will let you know whether you can put a unit on your maybe list, or strike it off altogether.
Today I’m looking at the Thermaltake Smart M650w unit. Let’s see where it belongs.
- Support the latest ATX 12V V2.3 & EPS 12V standards.
- Guaranteed to deliver 650W continuous output @ 40℃ operating environment.
- High current & single +12V rail provides superior performance.
- 80 PLUS® Bronze certified: with 82-88% efficiency @ 20-100% load under real world load conditions.
- High quality Japanese main capacitor ensure superb performance and reliability.
- Ultra-quiet 140mm cooling fan delivers excellent airflow at an exceptionally low noise level.
- Active PFC with Universal AC input.
- Flat, low-profile modular cables allow for easy cable routing and increased airflow.
- Supports multiple core high-end graphic cards & CPU. (NVIDIA SLI & ATI CrossFire Ready)
- Dimension: 150mm(W)x86mm(H)x160mm(D).
- High reliability: MTBF>100,000 hours.
- Heavy-duty protection circuitry of Over Current, Over Voltage, Under Voltage, Over Power and Short-Circuit protections.
- Safety / EMI Approvals: UL/CUL/TUV/CE/FCC and BSMI certification.
|Type||Intel ATX 12V 2.3|
|Max. Output Capacity||650W|
|Peak Output Capacity||715W|
|Dimension (H x W x D)||86mm x 150mm x 160mm|
|PFC （Power Factor Correction）||Active PFC|
|Power Good Signal||100-500 msec|
|Hold Up Time||16msec (minimum) @ 80% of full load at 115Vac/ 230Vac input.|
|Input Frequency Range||47 Hz – 63 Hz|
|Input Voltage||100 Vac- 240 Vac|
|Operating Temperature||0℃ to +50℃|
|Operating Humidity||20% to 90%,non-condensing|
|Storage Temperature||-20 ℃ to +70 ℃|
|Storage Humidity||5% to 95%, non-condensing|
|Cooling System||140mm Fan: 1800 R.P.M. ± 10%|
|Efficiency||82-88% efficiency @ 20-100% load|
|MTBF||100,000 hrs minimum|
|Safety Approval||UL/CUL/TUV/CE/FCC and BSMI|
|PCI-E Connector||PCI-E 8pin x 2, PCI-E 6+2pin x 2|