While wireless controllers have been around for a while now, the default power option for them is almost always standard AA batteries. This is fine, but if you’re a prolific gamer it can become quite expensive over time. That’s where charge packs come in.
Today I’m taking a quick look at the Konnet PowerV Quad Charger. A recharge point that can support up to four remotes and comes with a charge pack for each of them.
- Advanced Wireless Induction, Connection-Free, Charging Technology
- Charge and Store up to 4 Wii Remote Controllers at one time
- Charges without taking off Wii Motion Plus and silicone jackets
- Includes 4 rechargeable battery packs
- LED indicators in red/blue colors display charging status
- Intelligent charging technology prevents overcharging
- Charging Ports : 4
- Rechargeable Battery : Ni-MH 800mAh x 2
- Input Power : 5V 2000mA
- Charging Power : 200mAh x 4
- Charging Time: 3-5 hours
NB. Apologies these photos aren’t the greatest. Time was a little short and there was no way this was showing up in the light tent.
Not much to say about the packaging except that the interior plastic is some of the worst, hand slicing plastic ever. So be careful upon opening.
Along with the charge packs and station itself, you get a mains charger, USB cable and a short manual that is completely unecessary.