BeQuiet Straight Power 580w
BeQuiet have gone from a relatively small name in the PSU industry to one of its dominant players and its continued to release new ranges of units on a regular basis, keeping sites like this flush with products. Today we’re looking at one such product, the Straight Power 580w. It’s modular, has braided cabling, the usual stuff.
Let’s make sure it’s safe for usage.
Virtually Silent Operation
- Installed 135mm SilentWings fan includes a wide array of electronic and mechanical optimizations for best-of-class airflow with very low noise production, including:
- unique airflow-optimized fan blade design reduces noise-generating fan turbulence
- advanced fluid dynamic bearing with copper core provides for greatly reduced operating noise and super-long life
- high quality IC motor controller reduces electrical noise
- SilentWings fan is decoupled from the PSU body with special mounts, reducing transmission of vibration and noise
- Optimized PSU airflow design generates superior cooling at lower fan speeds and reduces turbulence around components, thus allowing even quieter operation
- Variable fan speed is optimally governed to strike the best balance between proper cooling and deep quiet
- All-new integrated circuit power conversion design features Active Clamp and Synchronous Rectifier (SR) technology for amazing signal stability and power efficiency
- Premium quality capacitors rated to 105°C for maximum reliability and operating life
- Full suite of top safety protections defends against over-currents, over- and under-voltages, short circuits, overheating and overloads, thus safeguarding your valuable components
- Four independent +12V rails improve power signal stability
- 80PLUS GOLD certification independently verifies the extremely high operating efficiency (up to 93.2%) of this design
- High efficiency means money savings, because your PC draws less power from the mains to do its work
- High efficiency also means less waste heat, less cooling required, and overall quieter operation
- Standby drain of less than 0.3 Watts
- Meets Energy Star 5.0 guidelines
- Fulfills ErP 2013 guidelines
- Zero Load design supports Intel’s Deep Power Down C6 mode
Maximum Compatibility and Convenience
- Modular, sleeved cable management system with removable cable bundles simplifies component installation, reduces annoying clutter, increases airflow and allows for improved cooling
- System features 20 connectors for large system builds
- Connectors are compatible with older components as well as those still on the drawing board
- Cable lengths up to 115 cm are perfect for large PC cases
- Individual P4 and P8 plugs support all common mainboard types
- Four PCIe connectors for powerful multi-GPU configurations (NVIDIA SLI Ready, NVIDIA Hybrid and AMD CrossFireX) up to Triple GPUs.
- Clearly labeled plugs and clever accessories promote simple installation
As with most of BeQuite’s products, packaging is all fancy and “premium.” It lets us know that this unit has “SilentWings” technology, which means that this unit makes use of BeQuite’s Silent Wings line of fans, which should mean the whole thing is pretty quiet during operation. The gold 80+ badge is nice to see too, so it should be pretty damn efficient.
The back details a few specific features and lets you know what cables are included.
Along with an EU power cable, you get a setup manual and a bunch of modular braided cables. Included are the standard mix of molex four pin and SATA power adapters, as well as four x 6+2 pin PCIe graphics card power plugs. Everything is colour coded to the install slots on the PSU itself, so setting this up should be very simple.