Tt eSPORTS Azurues Optical Gaming Mouse
At CES in 2010, Thermaltake announced a new department to focus on the “world e-sport gaming area” due to “constant requests” from distributors and end users for additional peripherals such as keyboards and mice. One of the new peripherals is the “Azurues” optical gaming mouse, a simple, no-frills rodent intended to get the job done.
Read on to find out how the Azurues stacks up.
- Powerful 1600 dpi optical engine provides superb accuracy and precision
- OMRON© Gaming Switch Capable of up to 5 Million Keystrokes.
- Dpi adjustment 400/800/1600dpi; ideal weaponry for any game
- Weight-in design to let gamers adjust the mouse weight for perfect handling
- Striking Pause-Break Color-Red Lighting Effect.
- Teflon feet material to maximise movement activity and enable high durability
- Industrial Grade Rubber-Coating Finish for better Hand Grip.
- Braided USB Cable with Gold-Plated Connector: Reliable strength with high flexibility to avoid tangled wire.
- Low-Friction Movement Design, Ideal for FPS (First-Person Shooting) Game Genre.
- Resolution: 400 / 800 / 1600dpi
- Acceleration: 15G
- Frame Rate: 6400fps
- Velocity / Max Speed: 40ips
- Operating Current: 51mA (max)
- USB Data Format: 16 bits/axis
- USB Report Rate: 500 reports/sec
- Body Dimension: 126.5mm (length) x 67.2mm (width) x 38.5mm (height).
Being catered to the gaming market, the packaging for the Azurues mouse is definitely shooting for sleek and cool, with black / white / red styling and a pseudo-brushstroke style font for the Azurues logo. As well as having the eSPORTS “Challenge is the Game” slogan along with the URL for the eSPORTS website, each product in the lineup also has its own tagline; in this case, the slightly confusing “Targeting to the Extreme Victory.”
The sides of the box have large red panels which make them stand out well.
The rear of the box contains some basic product information in fifteen different languages, illustrating the diversity of the market that Thermaltake are pitching the eSPORTS products to.
Similar to the recently reviewed SteelSeries WoW mouse, there is a flap on the front of the box, held closed in this case by a piece of velcro, which opens to reveal the product itself under a plastic shell.
On the back of the flap, there is also details of the product specification and features.