We review a lot of peripherals here at XSR, and over the years we’ve noticed the growing trend of steadily increasing prices with gaming mice costing upwards of £50 now. Still though, they aren’t the most expensive input accessory you can use with your PC, with specialised keyboards getting close to the £100 mark.
Today, we’re reviewing just such a keyboard, this one from Steelseries. It’s not packing a tonne of gaming macro buttons, but it does have full metal internals, and its endorsed by a multitude of gaming professionals around the world. On the surface it doesn’t look like a gaming keyboard, but with all its accolades, there must be something interesting about it. Let’s check it out.
- Switches: Gold plated no-click
- Switch lifetime: 50,000,000 cycles
- Assembly: Face plate mounted keyset
- Dimensions: 18.9 x 9.8 in
- Cable length: 6.6 feet
- Connectivity: PS/2 + USB
- No-click mechanical professional gaming keyboard
- 18K gold-plated connectors for extremely low latency
- Gaming grade lifetime: 50 million keystrokes
- Endorsed by the world’s best eSports-players