Gaming mice have always been pretty expensive; even the perennial gamer’s favourite, the MX518, is £30. Some days you just don’t have that, and if you’re looking to buy a cheap second mouse or are new to gaming, you might find yourself looking at the Soyntec Inpput (sic) series. With rock-bottom prices (£9.99 on Amazon), the Innput R490 series skimps on the features to save money, offering a decently high DPI optical sensor in your choice of chassis colours. It very well might be a winning formula, but too often these budget products can suffer from their low-quality construction. Let’s see whether the R490 can avoid that particular trap to offer a great gaming mouse for under £10!
Specification and Features
- Commutable optical sensor: 800/1000/1200 DPI.
- USB connection.
- Stable and precise movements.
- Convenient vertical scrolling.
- Soft rubber finish.
- 2 buttons + a scroll wheel button.
- Designed for right and left-handed person.
- Working on the majority of surfaces.
- 135 cm cable length.
- Compatible with Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP/VISTA/7/Mac OSX/Linux.
(Note: For all of you gamers running Windows 98 Second Edition out there… don’t worry, this mouse has you covered.)