Well here it is folks, the review that many have been waiting for; not because I’m some ungodly talented reviewer, but because this product has been so tantalizingly close to release for so long now, it’s become the hardware version of vaporware.
When Roccat stepped onto the gaming peripheral scene a few years ago, they were given as much attention as any other new company, not that much. However, after a few product releases, including the Kone mouse and the Kave headset, people began to take notice. One product in their line up that drew a lot of attention however, that was promised over two years ago at this point, had yet to be released, the incredibly sexy looking Valo keyboard.
Now however I am pleased to say it has finally been unleashed upon the masses, and I’ve managed to get hold of one; granted a few days after release, but still we have one, and we’re taking a look at it. Lets see how it holds up to our stringent testing.
- Illuminated keys and display: for improved key hit rate and vital in-game information
- 41 Macro keys: for ultra long macros with 500 keystrokes plus
- 2MB internal memory: for storing 1 Profile-2-Go with 4 layers each including individual macros
- Macro live recording button: for quick and easy key programming without leaving the game
- Enhanced connectivity: with a USB port, headphone and microphone ports
- External Roccat™ gaming microphone: with unidirectional noise-cancellation technology
- Ant-Ghosting ability: for simultaneous keystrokes
- Media Keys: with quick access to important multimedia functions
- Gaming Shape: with rubber-coated frame for long lasting maximum grip and comfort
- Key deactivation: Windows keys, Shift key, Caps Lock and Tab Key can be deactivated to avoid accidental return to the Windows Desktop or wrong keystrokes
- Standard keyboard layout with 105 keys
- 48 additional keys plus 7 media hot keys
- 5 profiles incl. 1 Profile-2-Go
- 2MB internal memory, updateable, flashable
- Stereo 3.5mm audio input and output sockets
- Additional USB 1.1 port