We liked the Corsair Vengeance K90 mechanical gaming keyboard, but many gamers won’t want to spend the extra dosh on backlighting and 18 macro keys. For them, the Corsair Vengeance K60 may be a good bet – at £80, it’s a fair amount cheaper than the K90, but offers the same hearty helping of Cherry MX Red mechanical switches and unique aluminium design. Let’s have a look at how this FPS-focused keyboard measures up to its bigger brother.
Features and Specifications
- Cherry MX Red Keys – the perfect keys for gamers
- Removable wrist rest – game for longer in greater comfort, giving you the edge
- Red, contoured WASD and gaming keys. Switch out the standard WASD and 1-6 keys with textured and contoured red gaming keys, for the ultimate precision gaming experience. The visual and tactile highlights allow you to hit the keys with greater precision, and without having to look down to find your control and action keys
- 100% anti-ghosting technology and 20KRO on USB – hit as many keys as you want!
- Selectable 1,2, 4 or 8 ms report rate – faster than even the fastest gamer needs!
- Media keys – easy access to your music controls, for when you take a break from owning
- Super build quality – metal top-plate provides unmatched durability and stability, as well as a premium look and feel
The packaging of the Corsair Vengeance K60 is similar to its bigger brother, but utilising a red color scheme instead of the K90′s blue. It offers the same cutout on the front to allow you to see the keyboard’s distinctive aluminium chassis and ‘floating’ mechanical keys. The keyboard’s packaging also shows off the unique WASD-only wrist rest, which also conceals red WASD and 1-6 keycaps and a key puller for replacing them.
On the back is the standard multi-lingual lists of features and specifications that we’re already gone over. Now, onto the keyboard’s physical features.