Earlier this year, we took a look at a digital projector from BenQ, the W1060. I rated that projector highly, with its multiplicity of inputs and excellent 1080p image quality. The only real downside was the price, which came in at around €800.
Today, we’re having a look at a cheaper projector from BenQ, the W750. This projector doesn’t boast full HD resolution, but does include support for 3D when used with active glasses. Let’s have a look at the projector and figure out whether it’s worth the price of admission.
- Projection System: DLP
- Native Resolution: 1280 x 720p
- Brightness: 2500 ANSI lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 13000:1
- Display Colour: 1.07 billion colours
- Lens: f/2.54-2.73, f/18.18-21.84 mm
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 natively
- Throw Ratio: 1.31 – 1.57 (60?@ 2 meters)
- Image Size (Diagonal): 43 to ~300?
- Zoom Ratio: 1.20:1
- Lamp: 210 W, 4000-6500 hours
- Keystone Adjustment: 1D, vertical +/- 40 degrees
- Projection Offset: 120% +/- 5%
- Resolution Support: 640 x 480 to 1600 x 1200
- Horizontal Frequency: 15k~102KHz
- Vertical Scan Rate: 23-120 Hz
- Video Connectors: HDMI x2, Component, VGA, Composite (RCA), S-Video
- Audio Connectors: 3.5 mm audio in, 3.5 mm audio out, Audio L/R (RCA)
- Other Connectors: Mini USB, RS232
- Speaker: 10W
- Dimensions: 324.7 x 241.5 x 113.8 mm
- Weight: 2.6 kg
- Noise: 34 dBA (30 dBA on Economic mode)
- Power Consumption: 275 W (<0.5 W standby)
- Accessories: Remote control, power cord, Manual CD, Quick start guide, VGA
The W750 comes in a small box with dark purple textures, giving a nice first impression. There is little information about the projector here, save for a small panel on the side.
Inside, the projector is wrapped in plastic and encased in foam. Once the projector itself is removed, the accessories can be seen and removed.
Here we get a remote control, power and VGA cables, a manual on CD and a quick start guide. This review unit also came with a single set of 3D glasses and a USB charger for them, but these are an optional accessory and may not come with all models. Of course, these can be bought separately.