USB 3.0 is here to stay folks. It leapfrogged eSATA and is reay to hold off SATA 3 for a little while at least. However, unless you want to fork out for a brand new motherboard, you’re out of luck if you want to take advantage of this new speedy platform. However one way to go is to grab yourself an add-in card like this one from Silverstone, the EC03 which also comes with a front panel 3.5″ connector.
- USB 3.0 front I/O bay included
- Supports standard USB 3.0 internal connector
- PCI Express gen 2.0 with single lane(x1) throughput 5Gbit/s
- Supports simultaneous operation of multiple USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 devices
- Offers up to two external USB 3.0 super speed ports
- Support 5V bus power from computer’s power supply
- Build in power connector to receiving extra power from system