Scythe Kama Bay
Today going under scrutiny at XSReviews is one of the less sought-after products in the enthusiast hardware industry, something expected to come with your case – a card reader. However, this is not simply a bog standard card reader but in fact a multi-function controller and media card reader, or so the manufacturer describes it as. Let’s see whether this product is all it’s cracked up to be. Time to introduce the product in question; I give you the Scythe Kama Panel.
Scythe Co., Ltd. began its operation and business in November, 2002 as a distributor and manufacture of PC parts & gaming devices for “DIY PC Experts!” For more information about Scythe Japan HQ, please visit the website at: www.scythe.co.jp (If you read Japanese!). Scythe’s first venture was to manufacture a super powerful YET super quiet CPU cooler (Scythe Kamakaze CPU cooler), and with the great success of this Kamakaze CPU cooler, Scythe became recognized as the leading CPU cooler supplier in Japan’s Akihabara Electric Town. Shortly thereafter, due to popular demand, Scythe began exporting products all over the world.
- Perfect compatibility: All current storage media cards are supported – from the SD card to Memory Stick: Insert your memory card read it out!
- 2-channel fan controller integrated: With the integrated 2-channel fan controller, 2 fans can be adjusted independently using the blue illuminated control wheels.
- USB, audio and S-ATA connectors: The rear audio port on the back of the motherboard can be connected to the front USB
- Model Name: Kama Panel 3.5"
- Model No:SCKMPN-1000-35-BK
- Weight: 104 g / 3.59 oz
- Dimensions: 102 x 95 x 25 mm / 4.02 x 3.74 x 0.98 in.
- Supported OS: Windows Vista / XP / 2000
- Controller: Alcor Micro AU6375
- Supported Storage Media: SD Card, SDHC Card, MMC Card, miniSD Card, microSD Card, CompactFlash Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick (Pro, Duo, Pro-Duo), xD Card (no Adapter required) - RS-MMC, MMC micro, Memory Stick micro (Adapter required, not included)
- Fan Controller: 2 Channels
- Connections: 1x USB / 1x S-ATA / 1x Front Audio (Headphones, Microphone)