Here at XSR we’ve reviewed a lot of fans and talked endlessly about the importance of cooling and so on and so forth. However we seem to have neglected in the most part the role of the fan speed controller. In this age of HTPC, where silence is paramount, a fan speed controller is a very good idea. However can a controller compete with small programs that run in the back ground, a growing number of automatically variated fans or even motherboards that control everything automatically? I plan to find out by testing one such product, the Sentry LX from NZXT.
NZXT, a company built upon gamer’s dreams, hopes to create products that put consumers first. With the objective of designing unique products catered for hardware enthusiasts and gamers, NZXT has grown into a globally renowned brand recognized for dedication towards creating the next great gaming product. NZXT has won numerous awards from media and publications from across the globe with a product line spanning from gaming chassis, power, and gaming input devices. As a corporation formed by gamers, NZXT continues to expand into new horizons and push the limitings further with each product unveiling.
- Large dual 5.25″ LCD screen
- NZXT designed intuitive control, set and change fan speeds and settings on the fly
- Auto/Manual modes, let the LCD take control or set fan speeds to your liking
- Temperature alarm
- Aluminum finish
- NZXT Designed graphical interface, easy to read and understand
- Saved Settings, calender and fan settings are stored even during system off so settings don’t need to be redone
- Supports up to 4Watt per channel