Even though CPU’s are getting more and more powerful, with a large percent left idle, there are more dedicated add-in cards than ever. With physics processing units (PPU’s), GPU’s, it isn’t so strange that there is a NPU (network processing unit). That’s exactly what BigFoot have brought to the table with their Killer NIC which has a fairly hefty price tag, and hopefully performance to warrant the expense.
400MHz NPU for uncompromising performance
The Killer NIC’s 400MHz Network Processing Unit smoothes your gameplay, attacks network lag, and runs Flexible Network Applications (FNApps) while you game.
Custom K-Blade heat sink for efficient cooling.
Show off your network card for once. Let everybody know you’ve got the competitive advantage with our deadly-looking and efficient heat sink from Thermaltake™.
Powered by Lag and Latency Reduction (LLR) Technology
LLR Technology takes data from your game and the Internet and bypasses Windows to provide the lowest in-game ping, the best responsiveness and the smoothest online gaming experience, especially in crowded MMORPGs.
• Data Rates: 10/100/1000 Ethernet Fast Ethernet Controller
• 400MHz Network Processing Unit
• Integrated Memory: 64MB DDR PC2100
• IEEE Compliance: 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3x, 802.3z
• Data Path Width: 32-bit PCI
• Data Transfer Mode: Bus-master DMA
• Connectors: RJ-45
• Port: USB2.0
• Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista
• Typical Power Consumption: 5-10W