With Intel’s dominance throughout the CPU market, many users are making the obvious decision of choosing the big ‘I’ over AMD. Also with the success of ATI’s latest graphics cards, most enthusiasts are going for either an ‘Xx8’ or ‘Px5’ series of motherboard.
One such motherboard which uses the P45 series chipset is the Foxconn DigitaLife ELA. Despite the odd sounding name, this board is specifically designed for performance and digital connectivity. Let’s take a look shall we.
- Intel® Core™2 Quad, Core™2 Extreme, Core™2 Duo, Pentium® Dual-Core, Pentium® Dual-Core processors, Socket T (LGA775)
- Supports Intel® next generation 45nm Multi-Core processors
- 1600(oc**)1333/1066/800 MHz (FSB)
- Dual channel DDR2 1066(oc**)/800/667 x 4 DIMMs, Max. 8GB
- 3* PCIe2.0 x16, 2* PCIe2.0 x1, 2* PCI
- 1* ATA133, 2* 1394a, 6* SATA II, 2* eSATA
- 7.1 channel HDA, Realtek® ALC888SDD
- Gigabit LAN, Realtek® RTL8111C
- 12 USB 2.0 ports
The specifications for this motherboard are quite extensive. For a full specification list, please visit the Foxconn website here.