Fractal is penetrating the computer case market with affordable quality cases. Optimal for modding and always improving their current models for better performance and optic impression. Recently the Define R3 replaced it’s R2 predecessor and now Fractal has introduced the performance Define XL case; the larger sibling of the R2/R3 cases which offers everything these cases have and a bit more. Or at least, so says Fractal.
What does Fractal Design tell us about the Define XL case?
The XL is pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing bitumen material, covered with a soft foam texture. Paired with other noise preventing features such as a covered top panel with a 180mm fan mounted with an angle to blow out air in the rear and silicone grommets for hard drive mounting, the XL truly excels in delivering a low noise solution.
An important feature of the XL is the division into three thermal chamber designs. This enables the user to freely choose the best thermal configuration suited for his or her needs.
The third chamber is the lower HDD chamber, consisting of room for six hard drives. This chamber is cooled by an optional 140mm fan in the front.
Another unique feature with the XL is the ModuVent™ feature, inherited from the Define R2/R3 case. This is a cover fitted with noise absorbing material, mounted in the side panel fan hole, allowing the user to choose between an optimal low noise level.
Apart from all these features, XL also offers excellent cable routing possibilities.
A fan controller, which can be mounted in an expansion slot in the rear, is included. It can control up to three fans with one knob.
- 4x 5,25” bays, 1x 5,25” to 3,5” converter included
- Mini-itx, micro ATX, ATX and E-ATX motherboards
- 10x HDD trays.
- 4x HDD trays in the HDD cage in the main chamber. This HDD cage is removable and rotatable.
- 6x HDD trays in the lower HDD chamber. These HDD cages are fixed.
- A total of two 140mm fans and one 180mm fan included. Front 140mm fans are mounted with removable, washable filter.
- A fan controller is included, for mounting in one of the rear expansion slots.
- Pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing material in both side panels.
- ModuVent™ feature, allowing the user to choose between an optimal low noise level, having the cover mounted or optimal airflow by removing the cover and mounting a fan for intake.
- On top of front panel: 4x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA and Audio I/O
- Case size (WxHxD): 232x560x561.3mm
- Net weight: 17.95kg