One of the ways enthusiasts like to improve the performance of their PCs is by overclocking them. The downside to this is that it – more often then not – equates to quite a increase in heat output from the respective chip being pushed beyond its factory settings. Fortunately there are companies out there to offer better cooling solutions than what you get in your average PC; and they’re not just for CPUs.
Today we’re taking a look at a heat sink fan combo from Arctic Cooling known as the Accelero Xtreme Plus. It’s made up of a whopping sized heatsink, full of heatpipes and cooled by three large 12cm fans. This should do the trick I think, let’s find out.
- Unmatched cooling performance – 250 Watts – for a multi-compatible VGA cooler
- 3 ultra quiet 92mm PWM fans with low noise impeller
- 5 heatpipes and 84 fins for efficient heat dissipation
- Patented fan holder eliminates buzzing and vibrating sound
- Pre-applied ARCTIC MX-4
- Compatible with CrossFire and SLI
290 L x 104 W x 56 H mm
92mm x 3 fans with 120mm cable
900 – 2000 RPM (controlled by PWM)
81 CFM / 138m3/h
|Max. Cooling Capacity||
Fluid Dynamic Bearing