Recently we’ve been working our way through several of NZXT’s newest enclosures and next on the agenda is the Hades. As a manufacturer intent on producing exactly what the consumer is after, the Hades is perfectly priced at around £60 – much more affordable than many competing mid tower chassis’ on the market which often stretch past the three figure mark.
Needless to say the pricing only matters, if a case is worth buying though. Marketed as offering advanced features and flexible cooling options, the Hades looks good on paper but there’s only one way to thoroughly determine a case’s standard and that’s to get hands on.
- Expansion galore: Nine 5.25" bay setup or Five 5.25" and Four 3.5"
- Latest Hardware Support: VGA clearance room for 300mm cards like the ATI 5970
- CPU Heatsink clearance: 131.5mm w/ 200mm fan, 165mm w/o side fan installed.
- Dual 200mm intake Large air system: 200mm front fan, dual top 140mm fan, Side 200mm fan, rear 120mm exhaust. NZXT includes the chassis with all fans except for one top 140mm fan
- Control the flow: Gaming, overclocking, or office work the dual 8W per channel fan control allows control over the dual 200mm fans that spin up to 150 CFM each
- Monitor your system: A three C/F temperature display at front panel allows the user to see temperatures inside the chassis even with the door closed. A slant on the door allows for easier viewing from above.
- Punched side panel: Besides aesthetics, the side mesh and extrusion allows for even greater and ease of wire management on the right side panel
- Meshed front: 5.25" meshed bays, meshed door, and meshed bottom panel allows for air to flow into the system with ease.
- Wire Routing: Motherboard punched holes allows for quick CPU bracket removable and optimal wire routing.
- NZXT Solid State bracket allows for two SSD drives to be installed
- Pre-drilled water cooling holes on the backplate
- Front mounted 2 USB, Audio, and E-SATA ports
- Mounting holes for dual radiator at the top
- Removable filter at the bottom PSU
Mid Tower Steel
FRONT PANEL MATERIAL
DIMENSIONS (W x H x D)
200 X 430 X 501 mm / 7.87" x 16.9" x 19.7"
FRONT, 1 X 200mm red LED (included)
9 DRIVE BAYS
Steel with black finish
500 WATT PS2 ATX 12V 2.0 ( OPTIONAL )
6.95 KGS (W/O Power)
MOTHERBOARDS: ATX, MICRO-ATX, BABY AT