The Cooler Master HAF series began with the 932 which evoked mixed opinions among users and enthusiasts. The second edition in the series, with a similar imaginative name, the 922, has been adjusted a little making it into a slightly smaller Mid Tower chassis as well as allowing a price drop in the region of $20.
The difficulty in judging a case is that there is not a set of benchmark scores that determine a chassis’ “performance”. Conversely, a series of factors from ease of installation to aesthetics, the later being predominately user preference orientated, help to rate a particular case.
With Cooler Master’s vast experience in the chassis market, expectations are of an impressive showing that can compete on the level of the ATCS-840 and CM: Scout. Let’s see how it holds up.
- Extreme airflow, uncompromising cooling performance, ruggedly strong with outstanding protection
- Accommodates demanding high-end components including full length graphics cards
- LED ON/OFF switch for front 200 x 30 mm fan
- Patented button design for easy maintenance of 5.25" drive devices
- PSU bottom fan can be setup facing up or down to increase airflow throughout the case
- Tool free installation
- Includes cable management and CPU retaining hole for easy customizability
- Spacious interior accommodates with the radiator
- 7+1 PCI expansion slots for increased expandability