Antec SOLO II
I’ve been reviewing quite a few Antec products recently and they’ve all turned up pretty well so far. The last of my Antec product reviews is the Solo II case, the prequel of which has ended up as one of the most oft reviewed ones on the site.
This new edition updates the original design with a few extra features, while maintaing the parts that made it a good buy. At least that’s the plan anyway. Let’s see if Antec followed through.
Dual-layer 1.0 mm SECC / polycarbonate top & side panels
– Anodized aluminium front bezel
– Piano black exterior finish
– Stylish matte black interior
Dual hard drive mounting system :
– 3 x 3.5″ / 2.5″ using tray mounts with preinstalled silicone grommets OR
– 2 x 3.5″ with suspension mount cables
2 x external 5.25″
1 x internal 2.5″ (dedicated)
Front-accessible flip-down drive cage
Removable PSU support beam
Top vent with fine mesh for optimal PSU air intake
Removable, washable front fan filters
– 1 rear 120 mm TrueQuiet™ fan with preinstalled silicone grommets and 2-speed switch
– 2 front 120 mm fan mounts (optional)
Enlarged CPU cut out for easy installation of CPU coolers
– 2 x USB 3.0
– 2 x USB 2.0
– Audio In/Out
7 expansion slots
Maximum graphics card size: 15,0″ / 381 mm
Motherboards: Mini-ITX, microATX, Standard ATX
No power supply included
– 440 mm (H) x 205 mm (W) x 470 mm (D)
– (17,3″ (H) x 8,1″ (W) x 18,5″ (D))
– 503 (H) mm x 275 mm (W) x 550 mm (D)
– (19,8″ (H) x 10,8″ (W) x 21,7″ (D))
Net Weight: 9,1 kg (20,2 lbs)
Gross Weight: 10,7 kg (23,6 lbs)
Box and Bundle
The case arrives in this professional looking, colourful box. The case is supported by two pieces of foam at the top and at the bottom. The case appeared to be very secure and safe in the box.
The rear shows the case in more detail and outlines all of the main points and specifications.
Included with the case is a bag of screws and a manual.
The hard disk mounts are made of very soft silicone and metal and are mounted with screws that are only partially threaded to ensure they do not squeeze the silicone too much. They are really well made, much nicer than the plastic ones that come with most cases.
The mount fitted with a 3.5” Seagate drive.